Question about "peregrine" planets
Hi! I've been reading about "Essential Dignities" and I noticed something. Each planet seems to have, at most, THREE signs it does particularly "well" in. Thus, it has three that it does particularly "poorly" in.(I put "well" and "poorly" in quotes because modern astrologers are of the opinion that every placement has its strengths and weaknesses. Which is a good position to have, since some people may have few, or even no planets in traditionally "good" placements.)
For example, Venus has domiciles in Taurus and Libra, and exaltation in Pisces. Meaning she is in detriment in Aries/Scorpio, and fallen in Virgo.
The essential dignities state that domicile is worth +5 points, exaltation +4. Detriment and fall are -5/-4, respectively. But another dignity (or lack thereof) is "peregrine"-a planet that is neither in domicile/detriment, nor exaltation/fall. Apparently, peregrine planets get the same -5 as planets in detriment. So, a planet does well in three signs, and poorly in the other NINE(?)
I figured that can't be totally true. So my question is, besides the traditional domiciles/exaltations, what peregrine placements might actually be a good fit for the planet?
For example, Venus in Cancer. Venus is a feminine, motherly type of influence, which I think would make an excellent fit with emotional, nurturing Cancer. Also, I almost feel that Venus would do well in the signs Mars does poorly in, and vice versa, since their domiciles are opposites. Mars is fallen in Cancer, so maybe Venus could do well in it?
What are some other opinions?
[link] [comments]
from Astrology https://ift.tt/IuNnfyO
via IFTTT
Comments
Post a Comment