“Intuitive” astrology?

I attended a panel of astrologers last month on the new moon. There were some names that I’m familiar with. Some of them had published books and had huge followings. When they introduced themselves, a great majority spoke about how “astrology simply came to them”, and how they don’t have an “academic approach” but rather that astrology is “intuitive” for them.

I just want to ask. Am I too rigid if/when I expect professional astrologers (those changing for readings and appearing as authorities on the subject) to be well learnt in the practice? Am I expecting too much from them, if I expect them to be familiar with the historiography, philosophy and be able to identity major themes in ancient and modern texts?

Isn’t astrology meant to be “academic”, in that it involves (or has involved in the past) a great deal of learning from a teacher, mastering various techniques and such?

I get annoyed because I’m here struggling eith these bulky texts, googling definitions, reading books, watching interviews and refining techniques, while my friend over there had a spiritual awakening and now charges $300 for intuitive astrology.

I’m sour.

submitted by /u/duascoisas
[link] [comments]

from Astrology https://ift.tt/2vO6QYV
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is the via combusta really Scorpio?